After a year of being inundated with some of the best, the worst, the craziest events of 2008, we have now come to decipher and embrace the next chapter of life. At this time of the year, we all seem to collectively look back and assess the past twelve months. Frankly speaking, I spare no thought in doing it.
It's not that I don't see the value in looking back. We certainly shouldn't ignore where we have come from. There's a lot to learn from what we have done.
But I want to look forward to what's to come. I want to focus my energy in making dreams, hopes and realising impossibilities. I want to get excited about the unknown. I want to grow and keep my faith in God. I want to give the best that I can give to my love ones.
I will learn from the past, but I won't live there. I will accept mistakes have been made, but I will let them go. I will look back on the good times fondly, but commit to creating even better times in the future.
There is so much to be grateful for, even when things seem dark at this darkest part of the year. The light is returning, and it is important to remember that this day is not the end of something.
This day is the leaping point for more laughter, tears, joy, friendship and love.
** On this last day, I thank God for accepting me. Being accepted by God was like the first piece of domino that fell and led to the chain of events that brought me to where I am today. With God, all things were made possible for me, for us, and for everybody. [matthew 19:26].
About
A warm hello to you reader. Thanks for viewing my little world.
Entry Categories
Hello. Once in a while, I will take some time to read certain meaningful entries that I have posted before.